Friday, June 17, 2011

Outfit for a Thursday: Rugby Chic

This Saturday, I am flying overseas to Prague, for yet another business trip; preparation has been arduous, given all the other projects on my plate, and my vain attempts at some type of balanced social life, so by Thursday I was ready for a comfortable outfit, suitable for sitting in front of my computer and focusing on certain client deliverables. Though it is business related, there will be hopefully a few moments of pleasure while on my journey; I will be accompanied by a lovely colleague and friend, Nicole, as well as her beau, Dave. The opportunity to see one of Europe's most beautiful cities has me beyond tickled. Already, I am projecting the boutique hotels of Prague, whether my toilet paper is politely folded into quaint triangles or not, will oust both The Standard Club of Chicago as well as the Hampton Inn of Exton.


This light cotton sweater, another item from a Gap online sale, is ideal for the warm, devilishly humid summer months; its feminized mimicry of traditional rugby jerseys made it a natural choice while virtually perusing countless items, feigning deep pockets and a full checking account. Online shopping definitely requires a certain risk-benefit analysis, though, I have had fair successes with stores I know well in person, with respect to sizing and fabric quality, such as Gap and Banana Republic.

Not shockingly coincidentally, the deep navy cigarette-leg spring weight chinos are also a Gap purchase; though I abhor looking as though I stepped off the page of a massively produced and consumed retail catalogue, I hope, this grave and rather public admission aside, no one noticed. Must be the cotton comfort that prompted me to turn the other cheek.


If this looks familiar, it is because I wore this necklace on Wednesday as well; it is a new piece, and thus inherently fresh when it comes to my wardrobe. As I previously mentioned, I adore the tangible texture and weight of this entwined trio of golden chains.


Bronze low heel sling backs, which I have owned for quite some time, but which never seem to tire or to grow, or at least appear, terribly worn. This metallic is highly versatile, as it works with both brown and black, as well as a plethora of other muted tones and bright colors.



I am so wonderfully excited about fleeing the country, and this region for a bit, even for work; still, do not let the smile fool, I am anxious about packing appropriately, and with a carry-on, nonetheless. Perhaps, folly or success, that will lead to another tale.

5 comments:

  1. Was so shocked to come across the words 'rugby' in a post title - there's no escape!

    Just discovered your blog, would love it if you stopped by mine sometime.

    Andrea x
    andreareh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely!

    Would you mind checking out my blog, and maybe follow/comment it? :)

    FASHION WHIT

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these pics of you ... you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course, i love the stripes! i hope you are planning to bring your camera to prague.

    http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete