Monday, June 25, 2012

Nautical Lusting


With the heat wave subsiding and the weather actually being quite congenial and pleasant, contemplating sweaters is not a sickening task; normally, as June is waning, I am basking in the natural briny perfume of my own sweat. This simple cream knit is adorned with the navy outline of a ship anchor, conveniently placed across the bicep, a tribute to the sailor tattoos of old. Rough texture and bulky form, this would be ideal across the shoulders of any man, seafaring or not. Though he loves his sweaters, the filmmaker may not be the first to embrace this modern yacht club aesthetic. Sigh. One day.




(image taken from Plum Pretty Sugar Loungerie

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your visit I love Truman Capote's books specially cold blood.
    I really like your sweater love Navy style.
    Following you now.
    xo
    CITY-AHOLIC.BLOGSPOT.COM.ES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good bit of nautical - I'm after a great knotted rope belt, no such luck yet!

    Gems x

    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun sweater. Love the placement of the anchor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh this sweater drives me crazy! love it!

    http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete