Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Outfit for a Tuesday: Pantone 16-1439, or, Caramel







A number of months ago, my beautiful and effervescent friend Hartley sent me a friendly postcard, a true treasure in this era of electronic messages, terse and cold, which displayed a beautiful, rich caramel tone. Today, peering upon the color and the Pantone numbers pinned by a magnetic up on my refrigerator as I grabbed some milk for my coffee, I decided to use the color for inspiration. Camel continues to be prevalent in popular clothing stores and in many upper echelon designs, though, the added neon flair is also gaining traction; I can appreciate neons, but have difficulty embracing them, personally. I do not feel they are enduring.

This camel bone necklace is one that I love and hold dear, however, often neglect to incorporate enough into my daily wardrobe; lately, I have been loving the effect of exotic and bombastic necklaces paired with simple button-down blouses, underneath the collar. In this case, I paired it with a cream silk blouse and a very comfortable, also warm caramel, cashmere cardigan. The slacks and the shoes, in almost indoctrinated form, matched.

6 comments:

  1. I love how you were inspired for this look! It's always so nice to receive actual mail from people these days! That necklace is so wonderful! It is really classic and beautiful, but still a statement piece!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love this!
    p.s. love your blog maybe we can follow each other?
    xoxo
    Shannon
    luckyno7blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great colour scheme!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE caramel. I can't do camel worth a darn, but I can rock me some caramel. And so can you. Love the accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your necklace looks so cool! It kind of reminds me of cinnamon toast crunch HAHA!

    ReplyDelete