Monday, May 14, 2012

Late Spring Fashion and Mother's Day




Today I spent the afternoon and evening in Brooklyn to celebrate Mother's Day with newly-minted mother, Elizabeth. Sundays have become our family day; brunch, cocktails, walks with the baby and the puppy, reading aloud, freshly prepared dinner, and wine have become beautiful staples of recent times. 

A few months ago, when it was still disappointingly frigid, I grew a bit zealous while perusing warm weather ware for Winona; a few moments perusing the racks soon became nearly an hour and an armful of tiny and adorable items. Baby clothing is a dangerous slope; it is, mostly, reasonably priced, comparatively, and it is small in size and weight, so numerous outfits can be snatched up, desperately clutched in shivering greedy arms, and there is still the perception that one is getting a great, bandit-like deal. Perhaps it is mainly my proclivity for excess, but it seems near impossible to follow a choose and curate prudently policy. The more, the merrier.

Eventually, when the realities of my checking account resurface to the rational frontal lobes, I glean through my arsenal of cute, comb and glean for ideal pieces. When I was around the same age as Winona, I had a sailor-inspired frock that my mother adored. Obviously, navy and white striped nautical-themed looks for summer had to stay in my cart. She wore the dress today, finding the long skirt much amusing and delicious as she chewed and gnawed.



The neon color spectrum has been on trend for nearly everyone and ubiquitous this spring, so, I figure why not for my baby niece.

  
It goes without saying these bibs absolutely had to be purchased.

9 comments:

  1. Such cute little clothes - love that first dress!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. What adorable outfits! I love the auntie bib with the duck!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh so nice dear!!love the second!!
    xoxo=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little sailor dress is too cute. Far too cute! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any kids but I do love looking at baby clothes! These are so adorable! Congrats to your friend!

    -Samantha Mariko
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so adorable! Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog <3

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete