Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sartorial Ingredients for the Moveable Feast


I leave for a business trip to Rome tomorrow evening, then, whisk myself off to Paris for my first veritable vacation in months, so many months I believe I can accurately say years. Being substantially preoccupied with various work projects, including and excluding the impending responsibilities in Rome, I have given little proper thought and consideration to a loose, leisure itinerary and even less thought to what to pack. My sister Elizabeth, ever helpful, ever supportive, ever resourceful, and thankfully, lately, with her beloved new profession and lifestyle as mother to Winona, ever available for a quick online chat consultation, proposed making a packing list. She had the following recommendations, to which I wholeheartedly agree: dark denim skinny jeans, black denim skinny jeans, and some basic classics in black, with sufficient sweaters to layer. Various permutations in black never fail. Reading my muddled and befuddled mind precisely with regard to strategy, her simple rationale put all in perspective for me on the ease of my task at hand: look sophisticated.

Although I will not be taking advantage of my obsession, the white button-down blouse paired with a blazer is one of the other classic uniforms I would love to don while traipsing through the narrow Parisian streets. Such masculine appeal with the pristine, almost stiff tailoring of a good blazer, and they still allow for a mischievous, feminine exuberance. Unfortunately, inevitable wrinkles during the packing process set forth a strong barrier to avoid any blouses; maybe I can snag a great one while over there, though, and fulfill this fantasy while I feast upon the city.



(image taken from Tomboy Style)

4 comments: