Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tis the Season




Between catching up in the office from my brief Thanksgiving sojourn and then rushing off to Dublin for business, I have barely had a moment to appreciate the beginning of the Christmas season. After my return, having endured the claustrophobic tedium of my flight, I bought some egg nog from Ronnybrook Farms, in upstate New York, at the grocery store, to be accompanied by some bourbon. Unfortunately, a frantic schedule has impeded my plans to decorate my little artificial Christmas tree, as well as postponed my gift shopping; fortunately, an egg nog cocktail is an immediate and satisfying way to infuse some festive cheer into even the busiest of days. I have a feeling I will be imbibing quite a few as a rich liquid dessert, served with some Vince Guaraldi, from now until Christmas Day.

7 comments:

  1. I've never tried an egg nog cocktail ebfore but I really want to! Good luck with decorating the tree and buying christmas gifts! xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! loving your blog, so keep it up and i'll be back!

    -COSMICaroline
    www.COSMICaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very cool :D

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i actually had eggnog this weekend with mccarl. his was not as fancy, however.

    http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks tasty!

    Just found you blog! It's great! Following :))

    Sandra
    Stop by - Where are my keys?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So early for eggnog! I really only drink a small amount on Christmas day typically, but I bet this one is tastier than the typical grocery store carton.

    ReplyDelete