Thursday, November 24, 2011

Taco Feast






As I prepare our Thanksgiving meal with my mother, which means, mostly, peeling potatoes and fetching utensils about the kitchen, I cannot help but reflect back on a delicious taco feast from last week, made special, just for me, by my filmmaker. My younger brother told some story a month or so ago about making tacos for a girl; instantly, an inexhaustible fire burned deep in my belly for such a dinner. I do not believe I have had tacos in at least four or five years, whether through neglect or ignorance, I cannot remember. After a jaunt at the gym, we bought the fixings together, and while I rinsed off in a hot shower, the filmmaker browned the ground turkey and assembled the various toppings. After a long week, a meal prepared specifically for you is a beautiful and welcome thing. Guacamole, salsa verde, and extra sharp Vermont white cheddar made for ideal flavors with the seasoned turkey meat.

This year for Thanksgiving, we are making a turkey breast, as opposed to the full bird, but as our party will be small, I am sure there will still be ample leftovers. Perhaps another Mexican-themed night can be planned.

12 comments:

  1. ah looks yummyy


    xx
    http://theparallelmagazine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That looks soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This all looks so yummy, I'm getting hungry just looking at it! I never made tacos myself, but I think I'll have to try them soon.
    Thank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so good!!
    I love tacos!!! :-)
    http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks so yummy!
    Happy belated Thanksgiving! :)

    www.diary-of-mia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm...darn you for making this look so good! Haha. So hungry now!


    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this post and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, the tacos do look absolutely delicious and I have to agree with you that there aren't many things much more heart and soul-warming that having a loved one prepare a meal just for you :)

    btw, I love the way you write!

    WEMAKEPLANS

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooh, yummy tacos! i love having taco nights with my family! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    $100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete