Friday, March 18, 2011

Casual Friday: Some Like it Hot


Diamonds can be a girl's best friend, their sparkle and their worth, especially when other carbon-based materials prove disappointing. Unfortunately, for now, my sole diamonds are encased within two rings, a Victorian setting engagement ring from my great-grandmother and as flanking accents in an amethyst ring from my grandmother. I do rock the rhinestone look, however, on occasion; a girl can dream and pretend, even after she has grown. For casual Friday this past week, I integrated feminine and masculine elements: overly girlish costume jewelry with a camel suit jacket and a blue striped men's button-down shirt.


The jacket sleeves are full-length, but with the shirt intended for a rather tall man, the cuffs peek out at the ends.


White and baby blue stripes are a classic, and when worn with the warm camel of the jacket, are a great combination for what turned out to be a pleasantly spring sunshine day.





I took advantage of the casual nature of professional Fridays, and opted for a pair of fitted cigarette dark denim jeans; they create a very polished look, while maintaining the comfort factor.



A subtle zipper detail accents the ankle portion of my jeans.


Completed my look with my favorite pair of heels: caramel leather Freye heels.



Friday morning commute soundtrack: "Moonage Daydream" and "Teenage Wildlife"David Bowie; "Personal Jesus" Depeche Mode; "Buddy Holly" Weezer; "Sweet Child of Mine" Guns 'N Roses

1 comment:

  1. looks like a great outfit for a casual friday! lovely blog :)

    http://opinionslave.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete